Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
ZSL is looking to recruit a Head of Organisational Development and Training to take responsibility for leading, managing and developing the OD and learning and development strategies for ZSL, to improve organisational performance and engagement to meet the new ZSL strategy.
The Training and Organisational Development team was formed three years ago as part of the new HR team. We've made lots of progress including; building a training offer from scratch, introducing a staff and volunteer opinion survey and delivering a suite of internal workshops to staff and managers significantly improving staff engagement and retention. We have built such a strong reputation as a team internally and externally that in 2017 we won 3 external HR Excellence Awards including the prestigious Gold Award and were highly commended for the Best Learning and Development Strategy.
Reporting to the Director of HR, this critical role will also drive forward and implement plans for changing and improving the way people work and behave through training and development, performance management, employee engagement, leadership development and all aspects of organisational change and development. The role will also deputise for the Director of HR. We are a team with great ambition that continuously seeks to improve our approach, and are keen to meet candidates with prior experience of leading effective development programmes that encourage collaborative style of working which really change behaviour and delivers positive results.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be a qualified Chartered Member of CIPD and/or have an MA in OD or have an equivalent level of proven work experience.
- Experience of leading change initiatives
- Experience of developing and coaching at executive team level
- Have experience of advising managers on complex OD issues.
- Have a proven track record of developing blended learning solutions, facilitating training programmes, employee engagement, coaching and mentoring.
- Have an impressive record of both developing and managing relationships and project management skills.
- Have a deep understanding of equality and opportunity and its application in an HR OD setting
- Commercial acumen with sharp analytical skills and strategic knowledge and credibility of driving change, influencing senior stakeholders and implementing best practice where necessary.
As an individual you must be truly passionate about your work, leave no stone unturned in delivering the best solutions in your role and be genuinely excited by the prospect of joining a world leading conservation society such as ZSL.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 14th January 2018.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.