Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Key summary of the role:
The University of Westminster Students’ Union (UWSU) promotes the interests and welfare of University of Westminster students by representing, supporting and advising them. You will be helping us to achieve this by providing leadership and direction to the University of Westminster Students’ Union in managing a process of strategic change. We are looking for an exceptional leader to help us to reach the next stage of our development.
During the fixed term of appointment, we want to build the best metropolitan university students’ union in London, engaging with our diverse pool of students. Applications are requested from change leaders across sectors; the successful applicant need not be a current senior director of a student association, but they must be brilliant!
The postholder’s normal place of work will be the Regent Street campus of the University of Westminster, located at 309 Regent Street, W1B 2HW. They will be required to attend meetings at several locations within Westminster in addition to occasional duties at our Harrow campus.
● People, governance and strategic development and the development of an effective turnaround plan to further build the UWSU in consultation with the TAB.
● To design a new Strategic Plan in consultation with all relevant stakeholders including UWSU members and the university. This will take into account the key recommendations of the NUS diagnostic report dated 30th June 2017 and the deliberations of trustees in subsequent board meetings.
● Through a process of turnaround management ensuring the Students’ Union has the appropriate staff, operational and financial structures and processes in place.
● To position the Students’ Union as a credible and independent partner with the
Purpose of the job:
● To keep UWSU moving forward and leading change alongside the Senior Management Team.
● To ensure the effective governance and to develop the strategic direction of the organisation.
● To plan long term and deliver change in regards to UWSU strategic development and new initiatives.