Conciliation Resources is currently seeking a new Treasurer to replace the current Treasurer who is moving on to a senior position in another organisation. To fulfil the role effectively, it is expected that the time requirement for the Treasurer will be about 14 days per year comprised of four Board meetings (one of which can be extended to include a Retreat) plus preparation time, regular contact with the Chief Operating Officer, and / or Senior Finance Manager, and participation in other meetings and events. The term of office is three years and the maximum number of consecutive terms is two.
Applicants should demonstrate the following knowledge, experience and skills
- Experience of working in a senior financial position.
- Having knowledge, experience and understanding of charity accounts and periodic management and financial information.
- An interest in the work of Conciliation Resources.
- Experience of working constructively with a Chief Operating Officer (or equivalent), other members of an executive team and colleagues on a Board.
- Have experience of supporting Board members through periods of change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills being able to engage with all staff in the Finance team as well as colleagues on the Board.
- Proven financial skills combined with a high degree of numeracy.
- Confident and diplomatic leadership skills.
- Personal integrity – sharing Conciliation Resources’ values.
- Incisive and insightful thinker able to contribute to the organisation’s strategic and creative thinking.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Collaborative, inclusive and persuasive.
Please see our webiste for further details of the role, including how to apply.
Upon receipt of your application you will be invited, via email, to participate in our Equal Opportunities Survey. Your responses to this survey do not form any part of your application, no identifying information is stored and your responses are anonymous.
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.