Shaftesbury Young People and Arethusa is one of the UK's oldest established children's charity. We are an education and social mobility charity, that helps, guides and assists the most vulnerable, disadvantaged and excluded children young people. The charity is entering an exciting time in its history, as it seeks to remodel its services to the modern challenges that all young people face.
We are looking for a new Chair of the Board of Trustees as the present Chair will be stepping down in November. The Chair has the usual responsibilities of a Trustee:
- Determine the strategic direction of the charity
- Develop the charity through good governance and robust systems
- Maintain sound financial management and control of charity resources
- Act as an ambassador for the charity
and has the additional responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership to the Board
- Liaise with the Senior Officers of the Charity
We are looking for someone who can lead the Board through the next phase of our development and who will have a key role in working with our Chief Executive in making the changes the Charity needs to meet the challenges of the environment it is working in.
It is an unremunerated role.
“Shaftesbury Young People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
“Shaftesbury Young People has a diverse workforce and is committed to ensuring this diversity is reflected across all employment levels”
Charity No. 311697